Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My home away from home this summer

I wish I could say it was a quiet little beach house or a quaint summer cottage but alas.....it has been my old stomping ground, the local high school. My little home town has a wonderful Summer Youth Theatre program. Unlike other municipalities ours is FREE! Yup, free, well, other than the time and the cash I have dished out at the rehearsal concession stand! Oh, we had to buy new dance shoes for the dd. My 8 year old dd and 6 year old ds are both in the show. So, most of my summer evenings have not been spent lazily roasting marshmallows out by the fire listening to the waves lap the shore of that quaint cottage on the lake but rather spent in the auditorium listening to a lot of kids and young adults sing the same songs over and over until I think I could probably stand in if one of them breaks a leg. This year they are putting on CATS! Here is link to a video of one of the kids being transformed into a CAT. I must proudly say I transformed 9 kids the other night. It was really fun!!

http://www.bataviaplayers.org/the-making-of-a-cat.html


No comments: